Friday, January 7, 2011

DAY 7 Iterations
It is probably human nature to be fascinated with iterations.  I remember the first time I saw one.  A mirror on the wall with those little light bulbs all the way around the edge of the frame.  If you look in at the right angle, you see a reflection of yourself looking at a reflection of yourself looking at a reflection of yourself, and on and on until the images are too small to see.  It's amazing!
I know that you know what I know you know, etc...

Anyway, today's sketch is a sketch of my hand holding a Cintiq drawing tablet which is showing a sketch of myself holding a Cintiq tablet.  I stopped after one iteration.

They can also be mathematically interesting.  Check out this Menger sponge, also known as a hexahedron fractal.
Really cool, right?  I am not going to try to draw it though.  However, my son loves making models of this particular one on SketchUp.

No comments:

Post a Comment